History of All Saints'

In 1866 the Parish magazine for 'Penwortham , Longton and Farington' parishes announced , a new Chapel , housed in a rented cottage in New Longton would open for Church Services.

And so it was at 6.30pm Sunday October 28th 1866 that a trial of weekly services began.

Such was the success that in February 1867 a new church building fund was set up .

By September that year £333 11s 7d had been raised towards the target of £420 .

The new building was commissioned at the corner of Station Road and Hugh Barn Lane and was dedicated ( officially blessed and opened) . The building now forms the old part of All Saints' Primary School.







Community Web Kit provided free by BT
Cookie Policy | Charity Number: xn6800